SPECIAL PRIZE DETAILS
of maximum 6 months.
The residency includes:
- shared accommodation in the city of Treviso
- use of the company canteen from Monday to Friday
- lessons by Oliviero Toscani
- work space inside the rooms created by the architect Tadao Ando
- use of all the facilities (library, video/music room, technical equipment included)
- free participation in events and workshops organized at Fabrica
Fabrica is a research centre for modern communication. Established in 1994 from a vision of Luciano Benetton and Oliviero Toscani, it is based in Treviso, Italy, in a space of magical architecture restored and augmented by Japanese architect Tadao Ando.
A renaissance-inspired, learning-by-doing approach, where curious, restless, ambitious, generous, free-thinking talents from all over the world experiment contemporary communication through a constant cross-pollination between different disciplines, such as photography, video, graphic design, design, writing, music and digital.
Fabrica also organizes a continuous cycle of workshops, lectures and training experiences where the worlds of art, culture and research meet to develop new ideas. Internationally renowned architects, musicians, historians, designers, artists, interaction designers, art directors and sociologists collaborate with Fabrica.
Fabrica is located in the prestigious Villa Pastega Manera enlarged by Tadao Ando. The area covers 51,000 square meters and it includes studios, laboratories, offices, a cinema, a library and meeting places.